Sunday, February 21, 2016

A post to be: Heroscapers post #2


I’ve actually been doing quite a bit of writing this weekend, but it’s not quite ready for primetime yet.  Hopefully I’ll be posting it within the next few days; at that time, I’ll come back and post a link here.

Update: I did eventually get around to posting it, and it’s now available up on my Other Other Blog (yes, I now have 3 friggin’ blogs, despite the fact that I still think blogs suck).  It’s ostensibly about my favorite game, Heroscape, and my involvement with a fan-based group, the C3V.  However, what it’s really about is group dynamics and politics in a small, volunteer-run organization.  The lessons I learned there (and the mistakes I made) are easily transferrable, I believe, to any such organization you may be involved in: church group, school committee, scout troop, etc.  It’s over four times as long as one of my normal posts here, but I think it’s worthwhile nonetheless.  Check it out if you’re so inclined.

No comments:

Post a Comment