Sunday, June 2, 2019

Some fun Game of Thrones videos


As you noticed, I didn’t post the final installment in my Game of Thrones reaction posts last week.  It’s coming, I promise, but I still need more time to polish it.

In the meantime, I’ll give you something else to do.  I’ve been watching a lot of Game of Thrones related videos online lately, and many of them have expressed my thoughts on the final season rather succinctly.  If you haven’t yet watched these, you may want to check them out.

I shouldn’t have to mention this, but ... MAJOR SPOILERS FOR SEASON 8 IN THE BELOW VIDEOS.


First, the inimitable Scooter Magruder.  Apparently he does a lot of sports-related videos, which probably explains why I’d never heard of him before.  But he also does a few other things, such as videogame reaction videos, and, of course, Game of Thrones reaction videos.  Here’s the complete set of his videos for this latest season.


I don’t think I have ever watched a video where everything the person said was exactly what I was thinking on the topic too, but I can’t find a single point of disagreement with Mr. Magruder on the topic of Game of Thrones season 8.  It’s like the guy lives inside my head or something.  Episodes 3, 5, and 8 are probably the best, but they’re all great.  Highly recommended.


Next, this fellow Ryan George does “pitch meetings” for different shows and movies where he plays both sides: that is, he’s both the person with the crazy (generally stupid) idea and also the executive who has doubts but is willing to play along.  You know what? it’s easier to just watch them than listen to me try to explain the concept:


I don’t agree with Mr. George on everything, but his take on season 8 is pretty damned spot-on, and also hilarious.


Finally, just for fun ... this is nothing to do with season 8, but just something I stumbled across and had to share: “Ice Ice Baby” by the Game of Thrones characters.  You’re welcome.


Next week, something more substantial, although I have no idea what.









No comments:

Post a Comment