Sunday, January 5, 2020

Another decade bites the dust


Well, the holidays are over, and it’s time to get back to work.  On the one hand, I haven’t been to the office at $work for about 17 days now, so it’ll be nice to get back, and I’m sure my family is just as sick of having me around as I am of being around.  On the other hand, there’s something to the sentiment that The Mother expressed a few days ago: “I want it to be the week between Christmas and New Year’s for the rest of forever.”

From the I’m-Getting-Too-Old-for-This-Shit department:  Today I broke my 5th or 6th dish in the past few months.  It completely exploded (because of course it did)—as Neil once said, it was smashed into 15 million pieces, and every single one of those pieces was smashed into 15 million pieces, and, although at that point I stopped counting, I wouldn’t be surprised if ...  Apparently they make special dishes for old people that are easier to grip, so I reckon I’m going to have buy some of those.  Or at least dishes that don’t shatter on impact.

This year I’m looking forward to more sessions in the Family Campaign, and possibly getting some interesting Perl work done, and hopefully marking a few things off my todo list.  It’s a new decade, after all, and I’m sure many folks look at that as a fresh start.  But, you know, I’m not going to complain about a little more of the same ol’ thing, because, for me, the same ol’ thing is pretty nice.









No comments:

Post a Comment